Thursday, August 28, 2014

THE MUSING

It has been such a long time since my last post, the last time I logged-in was just clicking the word publish since I've got nothing to write no more.

The 5 days break to my home country was great, I could see things that I've been missing for two years, which is everything, especially foods. I stayed in my grandparent's house anyway coz closer from the airport. The first day was already awesome, I woke up around 5.30 a.m. and went out for a walk. The first thing I sensed was the morning breeze. It wasn't cold or anything, but the air was a very typical of Indonesian's air(not all places). How fresh the air was and the good people were. You don't really find any countries in the world which the people burn garbages early in the morning don't you? Well, here you will see it almost everyday and also it was the first time after two years, I saw chickens running around. I could only smile that time realizing that things didn't change except the people. Coz, there were new faces I saw during that morning stroll. I visited my relatives and the last time I remembered I was one of the tallest, but now is the opposite. Didn't get a chance to see ex-school mates due to the short visit and besides the day I got there I was sick since I just got back from fieldwork and seemed that my body could not too take much jet lag.

After back to my normal human life, tons of works are waiting. I need to proceed with data that I've been collected from the last fieldwork. Besides my supervisor wanted to see my progress two weeks after my come back from Sarawak. So the 5 days holiday I did not really spend it peacefully since my mind was dominated by works and lots of works but it was great anyway.

Just finished the fasting month, took a one week break and still processing the data as usual. Nothing much happened in the last two months, except that as a Research assistant I need to clock in and out at a given time. I mean last time we didn't have this rule, but because there were several people that never come to department or when needed, so the head of department decided to make this rule. But to be honest, this rule may sometimes be a problem for RA geology, coz our supervisor may suddenly ask us to go for one or two days fieldwork unexpectedly. I mean they might just send a message like 3 days or a week to inform us, meanwhile we need to make a leave report to be excused for the clock in and out at least two weeks and the leave report sometimes got delayed or wont be approved if the reason is not good enough.

Had a little reunion with my high-school friends. I realized that I am no longer young, handsome and cool(I was not either). Some of us have grown some mustaches and beards, same goes with me. There was this one friend, used to be one of my gang has already married, and brought his wife as well and soon he will become a father. Time flew just so fast even my little brother is now as tall my mom and probably soon will be taller than me.

I'm probably the only guy who's checking my own blog and read the whole posts since the beginning of time. It's weird to think of but I did this not because I want to, but because I was forced to, by my own curiosity of what happened in the past. Besides, it somehow has given me the mood will to live. So this one day I've got absolutely nothing to do, other than sleeping and eating, coz I was in my lazy day. Lazy day is the day where my body is in no condition to do anything, due to the lack of inspiration, motivation, passion and constipation. It somehow happens once in a while and sudden. No symptoms for this so it is inevitable. Those who have seen me in this condition will thought that I'm arrogant or something, but the truth is I am, but only that day. I mean it is not that I'm arrogant, I might look like it, but it just the appearance because I'm simply too lazy to do and to pay attention on something and the cure is just a very good nap. After that everything will be as good as always.

So one time during this lazy day, I just laid down on my bed, with my guitar, singing "unchained melody". But because I didn't remember the whole lyrics, I googled it. Then suddenly, I just had this idea to read my blog, but at first I didn't plan to read everything, just the last post. But somehow I clicked "older post" everytime I've finished each page and in the end, I ended up reading everything. So I read through every post, word by word, sentence by sentence and realized what kind of a person I was. I still could not believe myself I wrote all of them. I was like "what was going on in my mind, when I wrote those?" To be honest I feel stupid and shame reading my own writings since they lack in almost every aspect. But on the bright side, I could see almost every decision that I've made, steps that I've taken and things that I've lost and gained. It somehow recalls everything from the past and I'm glad I'm writing here, share stuffs that wont be read by anyone, except a few friends, maybe.

Nowadays, the news about palestine has brought sympathy over the world. I don't usually talk about this, I mean I'm at my limit where I should just spit everything out. It is somehow painful, to see things, hear things, but can't do anything about it. I know everyone has sent prayers, donation, boycott US products and any kind of help. But still, so far, there is no significant result, infact it is worst than before. My friend told me rather than boycotting all the products, it is most effective to just reduce the price of diamond. Why is that? He simply said that Israel is small country, they wont have enough space to store all the cash, so they store the money in the form of thing that is simple but expensive, which is diamond. it might effect those whose own diamond, but the value of thing does not depend on the price, but how useful it is instead, my opinion anyway. Let say I'm given two choices to choose one car, MPV and Ferrari. I know that I'm living with my family and have friends that probably will go somewhere for holidays. As we know that MPV have more seats than the Ferrari and less gas consumption. We do not need to worry about the MPV's spare parts and get scratches, since the price to fix them is considerably cheaper compare to Ferarri's. So in the end, I will go for the Ferrari. Coz I can sell it, and from that I can get MPV and probably can buy a house with the rest of the money.*think

Recently, I just finished my 8 days fieldwork to help my friend for his project. By the way, it was my RA work. We off from department around 8 a.m in the morning and reached the hotel at 11 p.m., because we had to stop at several outcrops. I haven't even fully recovered from the darkness that I've gotten 2 weeks in Sarawak and need to be burned again. But that's what I'm being paid for. I tried to help as much as I could in this fieldwork, despite little knowledge that I have since it's not the field I'm interested in.

Another great experience happened in the history of my fieldwork. Guess what? We spent 1 day on "perhentian island". Yup it was only one day, but that was actually a great reward after fieldwork for 6 days. For the first time I tried snorkeling for like 2 hours. Didn't take photo for that coz I was too excited after more than 10 months of no swimming. I was thrilled and scared when the boat guy told us too jump. I did not realise that the spot that we've stopped was the snorkeling site. It was not in the middle of the ocean but it was pretty deep and besides, my body and skills are not as good as they were. I was once skinny but everything has changed in the last one year. Therefore shit needs to be done and someone has to do it. So I just man-up and stood on the edge of the deck for a couple of seconds, looked at the vast of the sea, looked up and saw the bright shiny sun, looked at my friends faces standing behind me waiting for their turn to jump as as they were saying "just jump off you b*tch", thought about what my life has been, money that I've borrowed, people that I love and care. So I put on the goggle, took a deep breath, and in my head I was like "I can do this, yolo", then jumped into the sea.

That was the first time I saw the deep blue sea with my own eyes. It was just such an amazing view to see things I haven't discovered yet. Then after a few seconds, I realised that I was out breath. I swam upwards as fast as I could and this was when I know how different it is to swim in the pool and in the sea. In the pool you don't get what people say waves, so once your head is out of the water for air, you can simply breath in. But in the sea is different. You have waves that are keep coming and in order to breath in that kind of condition you need to be calmed and that time I was not calmed. Coz it was my first time, so I just kept paddling up as much as I could just to get my head out of the water. Then shit happened, I somehow hit my goggle and it tilted. So when the waves hit my face, the water went in and reaction occured between the water and my eyes, and I could not see a thing since then. I panicked but then I remembered what a wise man had said "keep calm and cool". So then, I tried to be as calmed as possible, remained still for like 20 seconds, and a flash back started to appear, somehow I know that the time was near for me. Then I remembered about my family and thesis.

Without hesitation and stay cool, I've got my head out of the water, took off my goggle, and swam all the way to where the boat was while trying to keep my head out of the water. The boat was probably 10 meters away, and it took probably 1 minute to get there. Last time I could swim 10 meters in probably 2-3 seconds, but there, I could not even get one meter in 3 seconds. So I was like a retard trying to paddle nothing. Luckily I made it. After that, I fixed the position of the goggle make sure everything was fine and yolo again to the water.

These are some photos from the field work and island, not nice pictures, but are the best I could find. I found them really interesting in many ways. Btw some pictures are from my friend's camera, coz both my phone and camera were already dead by the time photo session started we finished with the fieldwork, so credit for him.

This is probably one of the best photo I've ever taken with my phone. It's not that the view is good or anything, but somehow the photo pictures the exact view from what I've seen with my own eyes.



Same goes with this photo.



I don't know what I was doing here with my friend. I was laughing seeing this, seems like we were trying to do some childish stuff. I remembered we did some stupid things, but in other places.



Three geologists from different field of interest. I don't usually wear sunglasses, but when I do, I look like that. Btw I'm the chubby guy at the back T,T.



This photo was chosen not because it's good, but because it has less mature content compared to the other, except the naked guy at the back.



Just a panorama photo of a beach. Before it covered by human bodies.



Sunset? Nope, It was actually in the morning.



I Just realised that a few days back was the independence day of my country. Well, don't blame me for not saying anything, since I'm living in someone else's country, besides I was on my fieldwork and all I could think of was getting back home as white as possible, but failed by the time I went for snorkeling.

You don't meet wise people everyday, they are like all heroes, come at the right time, right place, right moment. Don't expect someone dumb to be dumb and someone smart to be smart. In the end, don't simply judge people. We all have pros and cons within ourselves and we have everyone to complete our own puzzle, which eventually is everyone's puzzle. I was once talking to my friends during the fieldwork regarding culture and stuffs. We were just wondering how did all cultures come from? So, after a very intense discussion that took probably the entire time for everyone to get into the car for the fieldwork(5 seconds), we came out with a very logic, agreeable, simple and probably the answer everyone has has been waiting for. The answer was easy. It came from us/ancestor. We created the culture, which originally from habit that were passed throughout a tribe, race or nation. Then another question arise. Why do some cultures bad and good? Like some african countries, they have the tradition to whip their bodies for a particular ceremony for example, or fight with each other for a woman. Well, I would say that it is perspective. We would say it's bad but for them it might be good. But good and bad are two different things. They are like water and oil, which will not mix. We can recognize them with our sense, mind and intellect. If we can differentiate them why would they keep doing it if it's bad? It comes from our mindset.

Originally and naturally, human was born with clear mind. Means that they don't know good and bad, but somehow they know what to do. by following their instinct. If you don't believe me, look at all the children under 5 years old. As time passes by, they get more knowledge and information from surrounding, and take those into their mind which eventually become their principle of life or mindset, which is expressed in the form of actions. Meaning, if what they have taken are good, they will become good, otherwise, it is the opposite. If they have reached the age of an adult, it's usually difficult to change, but still possible with certain events such us tragic life experience or advice from someone who can really understand and talk to them.

So, what kind of culture do we all have now? Well, it is us to decide the type of "habit" that we are going to inherit to our children. Each of us has different mindset, good or bad, both can be changed. But one thing have to be remembered, that what we carry today will be brought to our kids. So in the future, don't just blame your kids about everything that your kids do. Coz it's all are reflection of what we did in the past. Don't expect them to be obedient if you were not. Look at yourself now and see whether you want your kids to be the same as you or not.

Funny saying "Love is the strongest force, unless you are a jedi"

2 comments:

bicarasendiri said...

baca paragraf terakhir tiba-tiba keinget sama salah satu iklan, lupa tapi iklan apa. persis kayak gitu. apa yang dilakukan anaknya ke si ibu sekarang ternyata juga dilakukan si ibu ke ibunya juga dimasa lalu.

keep writing gal. sekalian gw belajar bahasa inggris baca blog lo :D

Galih Yudha Kuswandaru said...

hahahahaha. neither english nor contents are worth to learn. but thanks :p